Porch pirate arrested Christmas gifts recovered
2020-12-17 08:52 PST
File # 2020-6385
White Rock RCMP executed a search warrant in the 15300 block of Pacific Avenue on December 16th, recovering numerous stolen packages from White Rock and South Surrey. Police viewed surveillance video from residences where packages were stolen, and quickly identified a suspect. A 59 year-old female, known to police, was arrested during the execution of the search warrant. She has been released awaiting court and has conditions not to attend her victims residences.
This is a case of greed, advised Constable Sears
she is gainfully employed and has the ability financially to purchase the items she stole.
White Rock RCMP reminds residents who are receiving packages of the following:
• Request signature confirmation. This means that someone needs to accept and sign for the delivery and the package won't be left unattended. You can do this by contacting the sender.
• Ask for the package to be left out of plain view (at the side or back door rather than the front, for example). You can request this in the "delivery instructions" on some websites or by contacting the seller or delivery company.
• If you were planning to be home for a delivery but unexpectedly have to leave, call the delivery company and ask to make other arrangements.
• Ask a neighbour who is home during the day to bring your package inside when it arrives.
• If you have the means, you may want to look into investing in some equipment, like a parcel drop box, security cameras or a video doorbell.
• Report theft or suspicious activity to police immediately.
- Date modified: